Position: Account & Social Media Director
About the role
As an Account and Social Media Director you will lead Seen® clients toward industry leading strategic and creative work, as well as the team working around you. You know your clients like the back of your hand, and you work relentlessly to build strong relationships with them. You love leading projects autonomously, with a complete understanding of constraints like budgets and agency resources without losing sight of the client/campaign goals and big ideas. To be successful, you need to have a marketing/comms degree with agency account management and social media management experience.
At home with Seen®
You’ll be an expert at making your clients feel at home with Seen®. You’ll use client relationships and disciplined networking to grow your account and give it stability and security.
- Develop a close and productive relationship with your client. Understand and share their passion for their brand.
- Understand your clients’ pressures and frustrations, and always look for solutions.
- Take pride in the quality of your client presentations. Be responsible for the proposal documents, and make sure the work is sold as effectively as it deserves.
- Be brave in everything that you do – that bravery will help push clients out of their comfort zone to realise new opportunities.
- Be real in everything that you do, earn a leadership position by showing your dedication but always remaining open, honest, fair, friendly and a ‘team player.’
- Question everything about your client’s business – their market, seasonality fluctuations, business models. Be a true business partner not just an agency supplier. To make things better and take clients to places they’ve never been, we must ask and challenge.
- Ensure your accounts receive appropriate resource and attention from senior Management, Creative, Planning and Project Management where required.
- Manage difficult situations, but have the smarts to know when to involve senior colleagues.
Think more, design less
It’s one of our core beliefs and you’ll be a key driver of it. You’ll work closely with our creative team to develop the ‘big ideas’ and lead the strategic and creative direction.
- You’ll be hands-on and responsible for strategy but also need to steer the creative team behind you. Have a point of view, and never be afraid to share it. If you really know your client, you’re the barometer for what’s right and what isn’t. If the work isn’t on brief, it’s your job to push the agency for better. But if the work’s right, you’ll be brave enough to push the client to buy it.
- Understand new trends, campaigns and creative. Be the go-to guy or girl for insights, updates and news.
- Be responsible for the creative work – make sure it’s fit for purpose and make sure that your client loves it as much as you.
Own the plan and the numbers
Take control of all budgets and marketing activity across your account, both media & creative, ensuring profitable day to day running of the account.
- Help clients plan and budget for a campaign or a year.
- Execute marketing activity and budgets meticulously.
- Be relentless and disciplined in networking and generating new business.
- Make sure we deliver a quality project, to a satisfied client, while balancing the agency’s commercial and reputational interests.
- Own your budget! You’re in charge at total budget level, with control of WIP and billing, plus revenue realisation against forecasts.
- Understand all the ins and outs of the client/agency scope of works and contract, and make sure you’re fully versed in the clients’ financial planning cycle/accounting system.
- Be ready to pre-empt and negotiate against potential budget cuts.
Get a bit Social
There’ll be some select clients that you’ll go the extra mile for by developing content and executing their social media plans.
- You already know your client back to front, so now you just need to know the social media channels and the different ways you can leverage them to influence their target audience.
- You will be super organised and constantly looking ahead in the planning and development of content.
- You’ll be able to schedule and report on content and the results.
Seen is Gippsland's strategic brand and communications agency. We work with brands to make sure they're seen, heard and believed. We like to see ourselves as a city agency with a regional soul. That means we're committed to delivering on promises to our clients but also big on work-life balance.
That means that you won't just experience the work-life balance that regional living naturally provides (just 1 hour from Melbourne). You'll also get flexible working arrangements when needed. We know that happy people are productive people. At Seen you'll be working with a team of 6 permanent staff members including marketers, designers, developers and producers. We're a small team, but collectively we think big. We hope to add you to the team!
$60k - $75k including superannuation. This is a full-time position with salary negotiable based on experience and proven dedication to your craft.
How to apply
Hit the 'apply for this job' button and include your CV and cover letter. Please make an effort to address the selection criteria (in the 'about the candidate' section) in your cover letter.Apply for this Job